- Are you suffering from depression or mental stress?
- Have you experienced a massage therapy before?
Get up and feel better now!
A massage therapy can be defined as a process of manipulating the muscles in the body to ease out physical pain, improve the mood and calm the mind; relieving the body of stress, tension and depression. The professional, who practices the therapy on the individual is known as a masseuse.
Various Massage accessories which enhance the feel of the therapy session are as follows:
- Comfortable Massage table
- Essential massage oils
- Soothing, soft music
- Experienced masseuse
A session is aimed to enhance the functions of the body and promote relaxation.
Treat Your Depression Now!
It is not a new art of relaxation, but a rather 3000 years old practice. It does not cure depression, but surely eases out the different feelings of depression and allows the individual to calm themselves down. The different touches on the body helps to release hormones which creates a sense of emotional connection and feelings of happiness to calm the mind and improve the mood, along with relieving the body from pains.
Massage therapy cures the physical symptoms of depression, which eases out the overall effects like sluggishness, joint pain, back pain and muscle aches et-cetera. It also enables the individual to sleep peacefully and treats fatigue.
Science behind Massage Therapy
The masseuse rubs, stretches, applies pressure, kneads and massages different pressure points, muscles and soft tissues in the body, with the individual either clothes or unclothes, depending on the type of massage style, with scented oils, acupuncture needles, complex twisting poses or warm stones, as per the requirement.
Different Styles of Massages
The following is a list of common massage styles, practiced around the world:
- Swedish massage: Smooth, circular, kneading actions to the muscles.
- Chair massage: A special chair and perfect for introduction to massage therapies.
- Deep tissue massage: Treat tight muscles caused by stress or other such problems.
- Shiatsu: Firm pressure to specific points on the body similar to acupuncture.
- Reflexology: Pressure is applied to areas of the feet that are believed to correspond with other systems and organs in the body.
- Aromatherapy massage: Scented oils are combined with massage to help reduce stress or boost the energy.
- Hot stone massage: Warm flat stones are used on the body to help relax the muscles and reduce pain.
Benefits to the Mind and Body
There are many benefits to the body, such as:
- Relieves pain
- Treats tension and stress
- Removes stiffness
- Eases out depression systems
- Calms the mind
- Keeps the skin healthy by improving circulation
- Prevents skin aging
- Keeps the body healthy
- Is helpful to improve body functions
- Keeps the skin radiant and mind calm
Limitations of Massage Therapy
Every practice has certain limitations to it, such as:
- It does not provide long term relief
- Does not cure any problem, just eases it out
- If the masseuse is not much experienced, might have serious ramifications
- Cannot be used for complete treatment purposes
- Does not address chemical or emotional problems of the individual
Business or Client?
For individuals, who wish to try massage treatments as a business can surely research about massage accessories because there are oils, pillows and massage tables for Sale available online with different deals and combos while for individuals, who wish to experience a therapy session can visit a reputed salon to avoid inexperienced masseuse or a bad first experience.